Thursday 18 March 2010

Slow Progress

It is very bad, and completely incorrect, to say 'everything's gone wrong' or variations.
If EVERYTHING went wrong, you'd already be dead. And you would have died as a result of the Universe collapsing.
And then when you died, God would be a total jerk and Hell would be a men's toilet at a seedy nightclub. Heaven would be the bar where you couldn't get served.

But there are times when little nit-picky problems pile up on one another and it FEELS like everything that could go wrong without actually completely scuppering a project is going wrong.
In many ways, a complete project-scuppering problem is simple. You pack up and go home.
But little problems mean you have to keep getting-the-hell-on-with-it.

To clarify, I am not talking about any of the film projects on at the moment (although all of the above could easily be applied to some of the past).
No, I'm talking about my quest for a computer that would actually allow me to edit film projects.
I have had a Mac Mini for a month, a monitor for a week and a dream for several years, and all of them are sitting gathering dust for the need of a 12cm VGA to DVI adaptor cable.

On top of the many difficulties I have already had with this (not even going to go into how much of a pain getting this monitor was) the cable would have arrived yesterday...if it had actually been the cable, and not what it was, which was a leather pouch for a frigging iPhone.

I have spent more of my meagre money on this stuff than anything else in my life, and it might as well have been a paperweight.
Fly swift, sweet cable, in to my arms, and all shall be well.

In other news, Plastic Vultures is definitely going ahead this weekend! Wohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment